PHILADELPHIA, PA –
After a bye week, the Eagles are looking to keep it going after winning in London agains the Jaguars. Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and the Cowboys come to the Link for a big Sunday Night matchup. BACK IN BLACK! Here’s what to watch for on Sunday night:
1. Golden Tate Arrives- The Eagles will be excited to have Golden Tate introduced to the offense this week. Tate is a dynamic receiver that can line up anywhere on the field and make plays after the catch. He should help balance the offense and take some pressure off of Alshon Jeffery. He can be the high volume receiver Carson Wentz has been wanting, other than Zach Ertz.
2. No Sean Lee- News flash, Sean Lee is hurt again. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a hamstring injury he suffered last week vs the Titans. Lee has been injury plagued his entire career and it is well noticed that the Cowboys defense is nowhere near its strongest when he is not in the lineup. Expect the Eagles to exploit the middle of the field where Lee patrols.
3. Darren Sproles Setback- Setback is never a good word. Darren Sproles suffered a re-injury of his hamstring that has had him out since Week 2. The Eagles were looking forward to having his versatility coming out of the backfield but will have to settle with the contingent of Wendell Smallwood, Corey Clement, and Josh Adams for the foreseeable future.
4. Eagles Secondary Woes- The Eagles are going to be without Sidney Jones and Jalen Mills this weekend due to injury. Corey Graham looks on target to return, so look to see Graham start at safety, Rasul Douglas on the outside, and Avonte Maddox sliding back in to slot corner. If Graham struggles, the secondary could get interesting.
5. Carson vs Dak- It really has been opposite careers thus far for Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott. After winning Rookie of the Year, Prescott has submitted to mediocrity and has struggled in the two years since. Wentz had a tame rookie season and has exploded since then, becoming what looks like a perennial MVP candidate. If Dak is forced to throw, his weaknesses will show. The Eagles and Wentz need to get off to a good start to force him into that situation.
Tune in to NBC at 8:20PM to watch the Eagles take on the Cowboys. You can also follow the action and join the conversation as we live tweet on Twitter: @BirdsInformer during the game.